This CompTIA certification course imparts broad knowledge to develop expertise in security-related matters and risk management.
Upcoming Course Dates
Rama is a cybersecurity and IT Infrastructure consultant and has been in the industry for around 20 years. He has been delivering trainings and providing cybersecurity consultancy to the US Navy based in Guam, a US territory from 2012. He has been a proctor for Cisco, delivering trainings and conducting exams to the aspiring Cisco Instructors around APAC, Gulf, and New Zealand.
As an entrepreneur, he was at IT Consultancy organisation in Brunei, providing cybersecurity trainings to the govt of Brunei (EGNC), Shell and IT Protective Security Services Sdn Bhd (ITPSS), Brunei. He delivered trainings to Multi-National Organisations like AT&T in Tokyo, Japan.
In Malaysia, he has been part of a number of training providers as a lead trainer delivering cybersecurity trainings from CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM Certified Information Security Manager to EC-Council’s cybersecurity programs. He has also conducted Trainer the Trainer programs in Malaysia and Singapore on behalf of CompTIA.
What To Expect
The CompTIA Security+ certification course aims to train information technology students with adequate skills and knowledge required to network security issues and efficiently tackle them. Being vendor-neutral, this CompTIA certification course imparts broad knowledge to develop expertise in security-related matters and risk management.
The updated CompTIA Security+ exam SY0-601 is recognised all over the globe for validation of basic-level of security skills and knowledge. It is widely used by organisations, security professionals/analysts and penetration testers.
After completing the CompTIA Security+ course and certification, students can demonstrate a high level of competency in Network Security.
To achieve CompTIA Security Analytics Professional you will need to attend the CompTIA CySA+ training and pass the exam.
Who Should Attend This Course
- Candidates working in the IT Security area.
- IT security support staff.
- Network Security Engineers.
- Cybersecurity Analysts.
Computer networking knowledge.
- Differentiating among various systems security threats
- Explaining the security risks pertaining to system hardware and peripherals
- Implementing OS hardening practices and procedures to achieve security
- Carrying out the appropriate procedures to establish application security
- Implementing security applications
- Explaining the purpose and application of virtualisation technology
- Differentiating between the different ports and protocols, their respective threats
- Distinguishing between network design elements and components
- Determining the appropriate use of network security tools to facilitate network security
- Applying the appropriate network tools to facilitate network security
- Explaining the vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies associated with network devices
- Explaining the vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies associated with various transmission media
- Explaining the vulnerabilities and implement mitigation strategies associated with wireless networking
- Identifying and applying industry best practices for access control methods
- Explaining common access control models and the differences between each
- Organising users and computers into appropriate security groups and roles
- Applying appropriate security controls to file and print resources
- Comparing and implement logical access control methods
- Summarising the various authentication models and identify the components of each
- Deploying various authentication models and identify the components of each
- Explaining the difference between identification and authentication (identity proofing)
- Explaining and applying physical access security methods
- Conducting risk assessments and implementing risk mitigation
- Carrying out vulnerability assessments using common tools
- Explaining the use of penetration testing versus vulnerability scanning
- Using monitoring tools on systems and networks and detecting security-related anomalies
- Comparing various types of monitoring methodologies
- Executing proper logging procedures and evaluating the results
- Conducting periodic audits of system security settings
- Explaining general cryptography concepts
- Explaining basic hashing concepts and mapping various algorithms to appropriate applications
- Explaining basic encryption concepts and mapping various algorithms to appropriate applications
- Explaining and implementing protocols
- Explaining core concepts of public key cryptography
- Implementing PKI and certificate management
- Explaining redundancy planning and its components
- Implementing disaster recovery procedures
- Differentiating between and executing appropriate incident response procedures
- Identifying and explaining applicable legislation and organisational policies
- Explaining the importance of environmental controls
- Explaining the concept of how to reduce the risks of social engineering
Certificate of completion
Exam and Professional Certification
CompTIA Security+ exam SY0-601 upon passing the exam.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Long Tracks: Yes, you will! The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
Byte Sized Courses: Yes, we will award you with a certificate for all byte sized courses with ten (10) learning hours and above. The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
BINA Digital: Yes, we will award you with a certificate upon full attendance of the program. The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
Can I get a job after the course?
Your certificate is recognised by the industry which is sufficient to land you a job. If you stand out, our trainers may recommend you to companies within the airasia and Google Cloud ecosystem, or their extensive network of businesses.
Who can I refer to get more insight on the courses?
You may drop us a message at Contact page. Our team will reply to you as soon as we can. Our working hours are 9am - 6pm on Monday to Fridays therefore do expect a slight delay in reply over the weekend.
What payment methods do you accept?
Currently, we accept online bank transfer & credit card payment.
Do you offer any free learning resources?
Yes, we do! Kindly refer to the Resources page. We have conducted free introductory sessions via our YouTube channel where you can watch it anytime and anywhere.