An easy-to-follow course which will help you deploy real-world production applications, transforming you into a competent Node.JS developer.
Upcoming Course Dates
Naghmeh is a well versed Software Engineer, who is passionate to teach, share and grow together. She helps bridge the gap between theoretical learning to practical learning needed for professionals.
In her past, she has equipped many software engineers with the knowledge of corporate and robust coding, helping them find better careers. She has worked with ‘Y-combinator’ startups, helping train and mentor students in hands-on coding bootcamps. She has contributed to employer goodwill programs, training employees in corporates and government sectors in learning technology efficiently.
What To Expect
Are you planning to up-skill your technical knowledge and become a full stack developer? You have landed on the right course.Our priority is to transform you into a competent Node.JS developer.
Get a grasp on Node.js fundamentals with this course.
This entire course is based on server-side development with Node JS. We have compiled the most up-to-date material for your learning.
Now that you have gained the core knowledge of front-end and back-end development, it’s time to familiarise you with data structure and algorithms.
Who Should Attend This Course
Any individual looking to become a software professional.
- English and Malay Language proficiency.
- What is node.js and how does it work
- Modules in node.js and how to import a
- Organize node.js project in multiple files
- Deal with User inputs
- How to work with File systems and debug node.js apps
- Asynchronous program in node.js
- How to make HTTP calls from node.js
- Handle custom errors
- Callback functions and how to chain them
- What are promises and asyn/await
- Web servers using Express
- How to create an API
- What is database and its types
- Work with MongoDB from node.js
- Perform CRUD operations
- What is REST, Mongoose and how to create models
- How to validate model entities
- What is Postman and how to use it
- API designing
- How to create CRUD APIs
- What is routing and how to use them
- What are the best practices for creating REST APIs
- How to secure sensitive data
- What is JWT and how to use it
- What are auth tokens and when to use them
- How to serve requests using Express middleware
- How to check for authentication before performing operations
- How to put a route behind authentication layer
- How to hide sensitive information in API response
- What is sorting and why it's needed
- What is filtering and why it's needed
- What is pagination and why it's needed
- How to implement the above in backend APIs
- How to upload files in node.js
- How to put validations on file upload
- How to manipulate image files
- How to serve files as static assets
- How to integrate 3rd party module to send emails
- How to send emails when a condition in the app is met
- How to work with 3rd party API keys
- What is testing
- What are the types of testing
- How to use Jest to write tests in node.js apps
- How to test asynchronous code
- How to create dummy data that is used in tests
- How to test endpoints that are behind authentication layer
- How to mock npm modules
- What are some new features in ES6
- How to use them to refactor our code
Certificate of Completion
Exam and Professional Certification
Certificate of Completion
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Long Tracks: Yes, you will! The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
Byte Sized Courses: Yes, we will award you with a certificate for all byte sized courses with ten (10) learning hours and above. The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
BINA Digital: Yes, we will award you with a certificate upon full attendance of the program. The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
Can I get a job after the course?
Your certificate is recognised by the industry which is sufficient to land you a job. If you stand out, our trainers may recommend you to companies within the airasia and Google Cloud ecosystem, or their extensive network of businesses.
Who can I refer to get more insight on the courses?
You may drop us a message at Contact page. Our team will reply to you as soon as we can. Our working hours are 9am - 6pm on Monday to Fridays therefore do expect a slight delay in reply over the weekend.
What payment methods do you accept?
Currently, we accept online bank transfer & credit card payment.
Do you offer any free learning resources?
Yes, we do! Kindly refer to the Resources page. We have conducted free introductory sessions via our YouTube channel where you can watch it anytime and anywhere.