System Testing Procedures
Get introduced to some general concepts/methodologies related to pen testing, and work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
Upcoming Course Dates
Rama is a cybersecurity and IT Infrastructure consultant and has been in the industry for around 20 years. He has been delivering trainings and providing cybersecurity consultancy to the US Navy based in Guam, a US territory from 2012. He has been a proctor for Cisco, delivering trainings and conducting exams to the aspiring Cisco Instructors around APAC, Gulf, and New Zealand.
As an entrepreneur, he was at IT Consultancy organisation in Brunei, providing cybersecurity trainings to the govt of Brunei (EGNC), Shell and IT Protective Security Services Sdn Bhd (ITPSS), Brunei. He delivered trainings to Multi-National Organisations like AT&T in Tokyo, Japan.
In Malaysia, he has been part of a number of training providers as a lead trainer delivering cybersecurity trainings from CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM Certified Information Security Manager to EC-Council’s cybersecurity programs. He has also conducted Trainer the Trainer programs in Malaysia and Singapore on behalf of CompTIA.
What to Expect
Security remains one of the hottest topics in IT and other industries. It seems that each week brings news of some new breach of privacy or security. As organisations scramble to protect themselves and their customers, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organisations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills.
In this course, you will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
- Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyse output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyse results.
- Utilise report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities.
- Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarise physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques.
Who Should Attend This Course
- Participants who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities.
- Target students who also need to offer practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents will derive those skills from this course.
Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies
- Plan and scope penetration tests
- Conduct passive reconnaissance
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information
- Conduct active reconnaissance
- Analyze vulnerabilities
- Penetrate networks
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities
- Test applications
- Complete post-exploit tasks
- Analyze and report pen test results
System Testing Procedures Certificate of Completion
Exam and Professional Certification
Demonstrate the system testing methodology and CompTIA Pentest+ exam
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Long Tracks: Yes, you will! The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
Byte Sized Courses: Yes, we will award you with a certificate for all byte sized courses with ten (10) learning hours and above. The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
BINA Digital: Yes, we will award you with a certificate upon full attendance of the program. The certificate will be issued by Redbeat Academy and endorsed by Google Cloud.
Can I get a job after the course?
Your certificate is recognised by the industry which is sufficient to land you a job. If you stand out, our trainers may recommend you to companies within the airasia and Google Cloud ecosystem, or their extensive network of businesses.
Who can I refer to get more insight on the courses?
You may drop us a message at Contact page. Our team will reply to you as soon as we can. Our working hours are 9am - 6pm on Monday to Fridays therefore do expect a slight delay in reply over the weekend.
What payment methods do you accept?
Currently, we accept online bank transfer & credit card payment.
Do you offer any free learning resources?
Yes, we do! Kindly refer to the Resources page. We have conducted free introductory sessions via our YouTube channel where you can watch it anytime and anywhere.